|Zoom Teeth Whitening|
|Crowns and Bridges|
|Root Canal Therapy|
|Wisdom Tooth Removal|
|The average adult has 32 teeth consisting of 16 teeth on the top arch and 16 teeth on the bottom arch and two arches are meeting on a joint called TMJ. Each tooth in the mouth has a specific name and function. The front teeth which are named incisors, canine and bicuspid teeth, are for grasping and biting food into smaller pieces. The back teeth are used to grind food up into a consistency suitable for swallowing. The back teeth are often called molar teeth. The average mouth is made to hold only 28 teeth and it could be painful when 32 teeth try to fit in an average mouth. Therefore, there are four back moral teeth that could be removed. These four teeth are also called “Wisdom Teeth”.|
|1) Your dentist might inform you that you don't eat or drink after midnight on the night before surgery
2) Your dentist will give you a local anesthetic to numb the area before removing a wisdom tooth.
3) A general anesthetic prevents pain in the whole body and will cause you to sleep through the surgery and is usually given when you are extracting more than one wisdom tooth.
4) To remove the wisdom tooth, your dentist opens up the gum tissue over the tooth and removes out any bone that is covering the tooth.
5) The dentist will separate the tissue connecting the tooth to the bone.
6) The dentist will remove the tooth and sometimes he/she will cut the tooth into smaller pieces in order to make it easier to remove.
7) You may need some stitches after the removal of your tooth. Many stitches dissolve over time and some have to be removed after a few days. Your dentist will inform you whether your stitches need to be removed or could stay.
8) A folded cotton gauze pad will help stop the bleeding and it is placed on top of the wounded region.
The recovery period varies from patient to patient. It depends on several factors including the age of patient, the degree of tooth impact, overall health and other factors. Maintaining good hygiene and avoiding the use of tobacco products would promote healing significantly. Your dentist is available for any questions or concerns you might have after the completion of your surgery. Here are some tips you can follow after your surgery:
1.Do not spit for 24 hours after surgery.
2.Keep fingers and tongue away from the surgical area.
3.For the first 48 hours you can use side face ice packing and apply the ice 20 minutes on — 10 minutes off.
4.For severe pain use the medication prescribed to you.
5.Drink plenty of fluids and make sure to not use straw.
6.Diet may consist of soft foods which can be easily chewed and swallowed. No nuts, seeds, rice, popcorn, etc.
|Video # 1 : Horizontal Wisdom Tooth Impaction
|Video # 2 : Partial Eruption Wisdom Tooth